Monday 8 June 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Oh My Gosh!
I can't believe how behind in blogging I am!
May was a massive month- not only was there 5 Saturdays in May- there was Mothers Day, an Awards dinner, and more!

So to keep the ball rolling, this blog is about the cakes all the way back on the weekend of the 9th/10th May!

Firstly was a Cake I send down to Burleigh Heads.

This two tier cake had extended white chocolate chards to give the illusion of a much bigger cake.
The blissfully happy Bride and Groom to be came and collected their cake and took it down the coast.


Many people worry about taking their own cake, but as they are all boxed and ready for travel- there really is no worry with a cake of this size.

The next cake had me running back and forth to complete it.
While I delivered the cake at the confirmed time, unfortunately a bit of confusion meant that the florists flowers were not available for me to place onto the cake. A phone call just as I was arriving home- to let me know that the flowers were now at the hotel, had me straight back into the car and returning to the hotel- to complete the cake.


I love to see the cake finished, and I only live a short drive from the city, so all was good!
This classic three tier design was simply beautiful. No Fuss, just a sharp iced cake, with flowers that matched the bouquets.

I sent my Husband to do the next two cakes on his own. The first was a wedding out at Sirromet- for a lunch time reception.
"Bright Happy Colours" was the brief, with the addition of the multi design cupcakes, this cake tower was bold, bright, and made me smile!

There was 4 cupcake designs- "I do" " Chinese double happiness" "interlocking martini glasses" and the " piped heart" design. The top tier had brushed monogram initials on top.

After Sirromet - Steve headed to the Shangri La at Wynnum to deliver this two tier Cherry Blossom cake for Laura and Shumpei.


Shumpei gave me an education on real cherry blossoms, their colours and their importance in the wedding when I met with them to design the cake. He had had a little giggle about the fact that people choose certain colours for the cherry blossoms, but in reality these do not exist.

Their two tier pale pink cake blended beautifully with their room.

Mothers day fell on the Sunday of this weekend- so I held High tea at my home for my family and my In laws.
I love making High Tea- all the little pieces of cake look so pretty when they are set up.
I made teeny tiny cupcakes, not much bigger than a five cent piece at the base, which my 2 1/2 year old niece loved- they were just a perfect size for her to gobble up!
My sister Alex and I also made an iced biscuit for each guest in a variety of "girly" designsMy family was spoilt for choice, with everything form White chocolate Rocky road, through to Passionfriut curd tartlets, Macadamia caramel pies, rosewater cakes, and wicked espresso brownie amongst the many items to choose from.

I plan in blogging like crazy this week- to catch up on the 3 or so weeks that I am still behind- woops!






No comments: