Tuesday 19 May 2009

Touched

Without sounding totally up myself- I receive allot of beautiful thank you's from clients. I am often so surprised to receive their kind words, having taken the time- often in the days immediately following their wedding to call, email or post me a thank you.
I do what I do because I love it- not because I expect my clients to be so grateful and appreciative that they take time out to let me know how much they (and their guests) enjoyed the cake.
Each year I make so many cakes, but I find it almost uncanny how I can remember the bride's and groom's by the cake they have chosen.
I am in the midst of completing a new fan dangled website ( hopefully be ready in a couple of weeks- I have over 600 images to label which is painful for me as a slow typist ;) ) and I completed a Testimonials section yesterday- it is so important to many potential clients to see that your past clients expectations were met, that choosing who's thank you's to include was super hard.
I think I may include a section of recent Thank you's- just to let you all know how much it makes my day getting your lovely messages, pictures and cards. If being commissioned to make your wedding cake isn't thanks enough in itself- your written thanks are the icing on the cake.

So after being taken by your kindness- I thought I would include some of the latest "Thanks" right here on my blog.

My first Thanks isn't a picture one, but last weekend a received sup rise visit form Katrina and Nigel- who were married on the 24th April. Katrina is the sister of Karen from Bliss Floral, and her and Nigel took the time to come over and personally give me a gift, and a hand written card expressing their thanks.
I was totally surprised to see them, then the goosebumps and teary eyes came over me just from their sheer thoughtfulness and appreciation.
You can see some of Katrina and Nigel's wedding in their photographers blog

This next Thank you from Heidi an Matt ( march 09) had me in tears at my computer
Hi Sarah-Jane,
There are not enough adjectives to describe how sensational the cake you made for our wedding turned out! We had female guests squealing with excitement over the cake…and then of course me and my bridesmaids when we saw the mini cakes you had made for the bridal table. Just gorgeous. My sister, chief bridesmaid, loved the mini cakes so much she begged to take one back to Melbourne with her to show her friends. She traded her necklace for the cake which was hilarious but a huge compliment to you!
On the Friday before the big day, I showed the photo you sent me to my florist. As a surprise on Saturday she included loose red rose petals to scatter on the cake table because she thought it would set the cake off even more…and I think she was right. It looked incredible.
When it came time for the cutting of the cake, we had every guest up with their cameras - we posed for about 15 minutes just so everyone could get a shot. Then came the hardest part - actually cutting that magnificent cake!!!
When tea and coffee time came - the guests were all in agreement that the two layers we served out-shone the dessert from the meal. I didn't get to try the cake on the night, but had many samples the next day on Recovery Sunday! So yum! And of course, our mint mud top layer we savoured over the next week.
The compliments for the cake are still coming through from the guests and also from friends and family that didn't make it to the wedding but who have since seen pictures of the cake.
I am determined to get a better photo for you, but I haven't met with the wedding photographer yet. I've attached a photo sent to me from one of the guests. It is now the wallpaper on my computer because I love it so much!!!! Another picture attached inside the marquee with the fairy lights and chandeliers lit. It was all just perfect!
Thank you Sarah-Jane for the stunning cake and the mini cakes. It truly made the wedding a day to remember!!!
Heidi xo

The Next is the gorgeous Brendan and Jen form a couple of weekends ago- I did ask before I posted this pic- I love it so much! It is totally fun!
Hi Sarah-Jane!
I just wanted to send you a quick email to tell you how thrilled we were with the cake! It looked fantastic and I can't tell you how many comments we had about how different it was. The actual cake was divine and I was sooo happy that there was some left over for us to devour today (and over the next couple of days)!
Anyway, I have attached a couple of photos of us with the cake. We had an absolutely amazing day and seeing the cake when we got to the reception just topped it all off.
Thank you again and I can't wait to have another special occasion so that we can have another cake!
Jen and Brendan Hoyle
p.s. I hope that you enjoyed your m&m's!


I still haven't eaten my M& M's- I am saving them for a rainy day ( what a coincidence??)

The Next I received just this morning form a Wedding on Friday. I have never met Lisa- she organised the whole cake via email- so I was double excited to see what she and Michael looked like.
Hey Sarah-Jane


Have attached a few pics from the wedding day once I get the professional shots of cake etc i will email them on to you. Thank you so much again the cake was sososososo perfect everyone loved it!!!
The next couple- Clare and Paul- were referred to me by a couple ( Julia and Vasili) that I will never forget. Whenever I get referral clients - it almost feels like family.
Hi Sarah-Jane,
Just a really quick email to say thank you so much for the wonderful cake you made for our wedding - the feedback was fantastic and all the guests loved both the design and the taste! Unfortunately both Paul and I missed out on a piece during the reception so will have to wait until our first anniversary to taste the top tier!
I have attached a couple of photos - sorry for the quality of the cake-cutting shot - it isn't a professional one rather just one my mum took!
Thanks again and kind regards,
Clare


And last but not least this kind thank you

Hi Sarah-Jane

Now that I’m back to reality after our wedding and an amazing 5 week honeymoon, I wanted to write you a quick email to say thank you for the beautiful cupcake wedding cake you made us. The cupcakes were absolutely delicious and we have had so many comments from our friends about how yummy they were. We can’t wait for our first anniversary so we can try the top of the cake! You were also very professional and lovely to deal with, which made things so easy for me (one less stress!).

I’ve attached a few photos of the cake (and us with the cake).

Thanks again, and please let me know if you ever need me to provide a glowing testimonial for you!

Best regards

Josie


So this is what makes my day! It makes my crazy weeks worthwhile, and makes my appreciate my sugar coated work areas even more ;)

Thank you to all of my clients, recent and not so recent- for making my job that bit more special.











No comments: