Sunday 28 December 2008

Last Cakes for 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



How time flies! With only days left until the new Year- I thought I had better share with you all the final few cakes from 2008.

I hope you all had a fabulous Xmas and are planning a wonderful New Year!

I have been having a small break over Xmas- but am back into the swing of things next weekend.

The final cakes for 2008 were some great ones indeed.
The first cake was inspired by the cover image in a Modern weddings magazine.
This two tier version of the original four tier design was really pretty.


The chocolate fondant not only looked great- but tasted good too!

The next cake is a lovely white chocolate cake- with white roses- that had a soft champagne colour in the center.


The petals filled the channels of the tiers.

The next cake was the first ever 4 tier version of the "mummy" cake I had made! I loved it!

It looked so stylish and elegant- with a contemporary edge. This cake was sent over to Tangalooma for the wedding reception.

I also had a few Corporate Xmas Cupcakes to do.

This lot also featured the companies signature silver butterfly.

I had a fabulous Xmas with my friends and family- have a had a rest from cakes- and am rearing for 2009!

Did I make a Xmas cake for myself??? Absolutely- in amongst catering for more than 25 adults for Xmas dinner- I quickly iced this cake as a token for Xmas.............



............Wouldn't want my family thinking I had forgotten them!
My time off wasn't all rest and no play ;)



Each year I also give my family and friends a goodie bag filled with homemade treats.


This year the bags included:
Eggplant relish- Grand Mariner Chocolate sauce- Spiced biscuits- mini Puds- Vanilla Fudge- Spicy peanuts and Rocky road!



I hope you all had a great Xmas and I look forward to sharing more cakes with you in 2009.

No comments: