Friday 5 December 2008

For those of you who are not in Brisbane- last weeek we endured the biggest storms in over 25 years! There were a few days last week where I sat with not only my fingers crossed- but my legs and anything else that I could- so that the power would stay on- and my Air conditioning could continue to run and keep the cakes nice and dry- and cool of course.

I had some fabulous cakes again last week- my clients really do have style!

The First ones I will showcase were for Friday last week.


This four tier cake was for a Wedding held at The Brisbane Club- where a fellow EX- Stamford Plaza Hotel employee- Michelle- is the Wedding and Events coordinator. I also ran into another ex coworker ( Brendan) there too- so after a bit of chit chat- I got down to arranging the Gorgeous peonies ( from the fabulous Glenda Pradella). Simple and Stylish!

Next I was off over the River to the Chalk Hotel to deliver this marvelous 30th birthday cake!
Themed "Ever after- the graduating colours of the cake mimic the Invitations- and the masks blended with the theme!
"Have you discovered your EverAfter.." was the catch phrase of the evening.

This email Thank you- From the Birthday Girl Herself says it all:
" Hi Sarah-Jane,

Thank you so much for my cake!!! it was perfect and tasted so good!!! I was still eating it the next day.
I had a wonderful night and the cake well it was the icing on the cake really...lol
Thanks again
Kirsty"



It is so nice to hear back from my clients!

So it was onward to Saturday- another scorcher!!!
These 30+ DegC days are really not compatible with cakes.

I had a very stylish black and white cake- so elegant and simple that it was all round gorgeous!



Plain iced and banded with Black and white ribbons- with white sugar roses on top! This fabulous decoration is encasing a dairy free fruit cake- and it weighed a tonne! the first all three tier Fruit cake I have had in Months!

I headed to the Tattersalls to deliver this next classic cake......


Twisted tiers- draping and Sugar roses- a contemporary spin on a classic design.


The last delivery for the day was a cute one indeed!

A little Groom Dressed in his Army Dress Suit and his Bride to be standing sweetly on top of a two tier cake.

I could have gone nuts with the detail on this little man- a Beret or a Slouch hat- his actual stripes and medals............. But I didn't want to outshine his blushing bride!


I am hoping to catch up on my blogging this weekend........Keep and eye out for more!
SJ












No comments: