Tuesday 9 December 2008

A time to Celebrate...........

This past weekend gone has seen me make more celebration cakes in one week- than I have in a long time. Usually the majority of my bookings are for Wedding cakes- but this week I did 3 Special Event cakes!

The first cake was for Friday- A Hot pink Skull and Cross Bones- created from an image sent through by the client. It was certainly a striking cake indeed- on the black background- the Hot pink cake was definitely a stand out. When Teaghan came to collect the cake- I think I can safely presume from her Squeals of excitement- that the cake indeed met her expectations- maybe even more!


Complete with a pink polka dot bow- this cake was certain to be a head turner.

Saturday was HOT HOT HOT Again! so the next cakes transport was very important indeed. With the car cooled right down- it was off to the Royal on the park to set up this three tier white chocolate and raspberry cake- both inside and out!

Fresh raspberries filled the channels of this white chocolate chard design. The Raspberries at the moment are so sweet- they are beautiful!

Then it was off to the Kedron Wavell Services Club to set up the cake for the Carseldine Bunnings 10th Birthday Celebrations.
Bunnings wanted something that was a bit of fun for there birthday- so a tool box cake complete with sugar tools- and the bunnings logo- of course- was created.


Inside a Jaffa cake for the toolbox- and White chocolate and Raspberry for the Base cake. This cake had a 13" Square Base- so it was one heavy cake!

After Kedron- We headed straight for The Belvedere hotel at Woody Point. I have been to this hotel a few times this year- and every time it impresses me. The Air conditioning is always cold- the room always looks beautiful- and to top it all off the staff are a pleasure to deal with.
The Wedding was a Winter themed wedding- so with snowflakes on the base tier- and a cute Penguin topper in the top ( this was supplied by the clients at the venue- and I forgot my camera!) this cake fit right in with the wedding.

I used my new Snowflake cutters ( from the UK Trip) and some edible Glitter to give the snowflakes a sparkle.

Unfortunately my week doesn't end with Saturday. I had 2 more fabulous cakes to deliver on Sunday to go.
The first was a Frangipani cupcake tower for a 21st Birthday.


A tower of Vanilla Cupcakes iced in a pale pink butter cream- with a single frangipani on top of each cake. The top tier had a silver 21 and Wired hearts and stars, with scattered frangipanis to finish.

Last but not least is a cake, that when completed, I loved so much I couldn't stop staring at it!
I think? this is the first time I have had fresh roses on this design- and they were just perfect. A gorgeous blush colour- perfect in size and quality!
The roses came from Glenys- at Glenys' Flowers and Gifts. I first met Glenys at the ABIA Awards dinner this year- and have had the pleasure of working with her a few times throughout the year.

I only have 2 more weeks of cakes left for this year :( But some fabulous creations to come!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the one with the blush roses is so perfect! I want one JUST like it for my wedding someday. :) I probably won't be able to buy it from you, sadly, because I live in the U.S., lol, but just know you've inspired me! :)