Tuesday 30 September 2008

Right in the Peak of the season......

Well it has certainly been a big start to the wedding season this year!
Not only am I madly creating cakes- I have also been having to manage the extreme heat that we have been having too.
With temperatures sitting around the 30degC mark- the Air conditioning has been running full throttle for a couple of weeks now!
To make my job- just that little bit more interesting- I have been making allot of chocolate creations lately! ;))
This first one is one I have done many times- however I really liked this picture.

As you all know I am no photographer- but I feel like I got this one right! It makes me want to grab a piece of chocolate scroll- and gobble it right up!

The next cupcake design was for a beautiful couple, and was held at The Polo Club. This venue has so much warmth and atmosphere- I really love going there.

An elegant black red and white themed tower of cakes was displayed at the top of teh stairs- as you entered the room.

I had weddings on Friday- Saturday and Sunday this week! No rest for the wicked!
On Friday I had the pleasure in delivering this classically beautiful cake.


All Ivory tiers- with Salmon oink centered sugar roses- just beautiful!

Last but not least is this three tier fresh rose stack!
The roses were actually very close to the ribbon colour- but the picture just doesn't do it justice!


Set in a Chandelier filled Chinese restaurant- this cake looked really beautiful!



This week I am once again flat out with cakes- but I have also made time on Friday afternoon to go and do a cupcake decoration workshop for Camp Quality. Helping bond parents of Children with Cancer! ( I am sure that a few kids will join in too!)
I was so excited to be able to donate myself to help out with such a wonderful organisation!
Look out for the report on the workshop this weekend!


No comments: