Tuesday 2 September 2008

Cakes on Board!

This weekend past had me spending a while driving cakes to their venues.Saturday started early- with a morning wedding at Brett's Wharf! I actually had my husband deliver the cake- as I am so booked out for Saturday appointments- I see clients from 8am! So while I was at home meeting with potential clients (who had woken very early to meet with e at 8am!) Steve kindly delivered this cake!
A two tier design with a flooded leaf and vine detail across the base tier. Simple and elegant!

After my morning appointments I headed out on my own to deliver the other cakes for the day.
My first stop was Victoria park. This cake is a version of the cake I made last week- with the icing pearls- however this particular cake had fresh antique roses on the top. When I got to the venue- the receptionist told me the flowers weren't there- which I thought was odd- as I had spoken to the florist the night before- needless to say I received a call from a very embarrassed receptionist less than 2 hours later to let me know that they had indeed found the flowers- and could I please return and place them onto the cake! To be honest I was a little annoyed- but I also was relieved that they let me come back in and finish the cake the way it was meant to be.



The cake was for a Lovely couple- Emma and Craig! Such a relaxed easy going couple- I really hope their wedding day was everything and more!

The next cake speaks for itself! A stunning black and white design- hand painted with the Wedding Invitation insignia. The entire room was simply Black and white- with the place cards and table numbers and menus bearing the same design.


The simplicity of this cake's design really made a statement- it looked very elegant and sophisticated in an equally dressed room! I love it when clients choose such fabulous designs!

My weekend was not over with Saturday! I was up bright and early (again) on Sunday- ready to deliver two cakes that day!
I first headed to the Cleveland Courthouse- as this is where Helen and Drew were holding their morning reception. A six tier cupcake tree- with a choice of Vanilla or Caramel cupcakes- topped with butter cream icing and a chocolate drizzle!


The top tier had long white chocolate chards around the sides- with chocolate scrolls to fill in the top- all tied together with a pink satin bow!
The groom(Drew) was there when I arrived- helping set up the candy bar that they had plnned for thier recption! What a fabulous idea! Huge bowls of all types of lollies and chocolates! YUM!

After Cleveland- I headed up to Mt Tambourine- to deliver this 5 tier design. A version of the one I made for close friends Gianni and Cherisse- 12 months ago- this cake weighed a tonne ( or close to 40kg to be exact!)
as I drove slowly up the winding Mt Tambourine Rd- I collected a trail of patiently awaiting cars by the time I reach the top!
The venue was Cedar Creek Estate and Vineyard! A gorgeous location for a wedding - or any reception!
The Venue coordinators were amazed at the cakes beauty- and even more surprised by its size- considering the amount of guests at the reception. Even though this design could easily have served more than 300 guests as finger slices- a mere 60 were being treated to this wonderous design! A true statement cake.



Last but not least is a cake- not for any client- but for my cake studio! I recieved my cake dummies last week- so I now have the task of creating display cakes for all to see!
Here is my first one- with buckles that I bought home from Ireland- with this particular design in mind! Now all I need to do is cover the other 6 or so I have waiting!


This week brings me the tallest cake I have had to do yet!
Stay tuned.............SJ



No comments: