Sunday 14 September 2008

Mountain of Chocolate............

This week was another busy one- but after all it is peak wedding season!
Not only did I have allot of cakes this week- I also met with a heap of clients to discuss cake designs! So today I am officially "Caked Out"! A rest day before I start my week over again tomorrow.

I had three cakes this week with cartoon couples on them- such cute little people placed atop of their cakes!
The first cake is a version of a cake I have made before- but with a touch of colour and the cartoon couple added!


The wedding theme colours were a Jade and Mint green. This was incorporated with ribbon and mint coloured piping- as well as soft colour dusted onto the edges of the leaves amongst the roses.

The next cake was for a couple that I never met- everything done via email!
They requested a suitcase stack in white with gold detail. Simple design that is fun and has a touch of elegance all rolled into one!



This cake was for a reception held at Southbank. Delivering to Southbank is not the easiest to do- firstly it is a two person job- one to stay with the car at the loading bay- while the other carries the cake through Southbank- yesterday I even had to dodge some Kids kicking a ball (at me) in the Piazza- on my way through! Seriously- why would you let your kids kick a ball towards someone - obviously- carrying a heavy large box??????????? I am sure my facial expression said it all- as when I returned empty handed the Kids stayed well clear!

The Venue was Cafe San Marco- and the staff there were swooning all over the design when I dropped the cake off. I love it when people show some interest in the cakes, as I rarely get to see an actual clients reaction to the cakes I make!

The next are some cupcakes that were sent over to Straddie for a wedding on Friday!


Seriously Blue- these cakes were iced to match the wedding colour. There was also a "silver" butter cream too- so the cakes sat alternately on the stand "silver/blue/silver......." I can't wait to see a picture of the cakes all set up for the wedding- and maybe a picture of a blue tongue or two ;))

Last but not least- I have found my new favourite chocolate design!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this cake- so much so- I had to convince myself that is was not professional to call the clients when I had completed the cake on Friday to let them know how much I loved their cake- and how I couldn't wait to finish the cake off! I was like an excited kid at Christmas- bursting to share my new toy joy!
So after oggling over it every waking hour or so- I finally got to deliver the cake yesterday afternoon!
The venue was Eve's on the Park- at Roma Street Parklands. The first time I had delivered there. This is the sister restaurant to Eve's on the river at Teneriffe.
Yesterday was HOT day! more than 27degC when I left to deliver the cake. I set the cake up in an air conditioned room- to be moved onto the decorated table later that afternoon! I cannot believe that summer is almost here!



This four tier chocolate creation has "Wow" written all over it!
Lathered in a thick layer of whipped ganache- the cake is then covered in handmade long chocolate scrolls- to form a "mountain" effect! Stunning!
Love It! Love It! Love It!!!




Once at the venue- this cake then had fresh roses dotted throughout the design- then it was going to sit on top of a ring moss and dodder vine- that also had roses dotted throughout.

I am so eager to make this cake in either Dark or milk chocolate too! It looks and smells divine!

Well this week ahead brings another load of fabulous cakes- and long distance deliveries! Until then...thanks for reading!
I would love to hear your thoughts and comments- no matter how small! To leave a comment simply click on the comment button below the post!
SJ




5 comments:

The Cake Maker said...

Another week... more stunning cakes! I look forward to your weekly posting to see what you have made! I too love the chocolate mountain... Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I am a regular reader of your blog although I don't think I have commented before, and I love reading about your cakes and delivering them. I am a (hobby mainly) cake decorator who occasionally takes orders and I find it terrific that you can juggle so many orders in the one week, with total aplomb.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah-Jane, our "chocolate mountain" cake was absolutely awesome. We were completely blown away. After checking out your blog over the last few months of wedding planning, we knew our cake was in good hands but you completely exceeded our expectations. Everyone raved about it - both the look and the taste! I'm just disappointed I didn't have a chance to taste the espresso as our reception venue only saved the citrus for us. Even Dominic was impressed and he isn't impressed often! We will send you some professional shots in the next few weeks. Love, Carly & Dom PS>> Thanks so much for the gift of the server - it's lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah-Jane, our "chocolate mountain" cake was absolutely awesome. We were completely blown away. After checking out your blog over the last few months of wedding planning, we knew our cake was in good hands but you completely exceeded our expectations. Everyone raved about it - both the look and the taste! I'm just disappointed I didn't have a chance to taste the espresso as our reception venue only saved the citrus for us. Even Dominic was impressed and he isn't impressed often! We will send you some professional shots in the next few weeks. Love, Carly & Dom PS>> Thanks so much for the gift of the server - it's lovely!

Sarah-Jane said...

Thanks Carly and Dom!!!!!!!!
I seriously do love your cake so much! I think my family and friends are sick of hearing about it!
I am so glad you enjoyed the cake- it was my pleasure to make it:))

Have a fabulous honeymoon!
SJ