Saturday 22 March 2008

Great Friday!!!



This Easter weekend has started off just Great!
I have only a very limited number of weddings this week- being Easter and all- I thought I would give myself a little less to do.
I had my first ever Good Friday wedding yesterday! It was for a wonderful couple- Rose and Jason- who are both Chefs- and needed to have their wedding on Good Friday- as it was the only day that everyone has off!
I met Rose and Jason at the end of last year- and not only are they great chefs- they had also just started a company making and selling Thai Pastes and Curries! At the end of their consultation- and after much chatting- Rose and Jason gave me some samples of their goods- which are great!
Yesterday they celebrated their wedding at the gorgeous Victoria Park Marquee- with a simply elegant three tier cake- trailing with fresh green Singapore Orchids.
Each chair in the room was set alternately with either a pale pink or Green chair sash- so the cakes colours fitted perfectly!


The top tier of the cake was gluten and Dairy Free Dark Chocolate and Raspberry cake- made on a base of Hazelnut meal- this cake is ultra moist- and wickedly decadent!

After Delivering the Cake to the venue- I spent the rest of the day with my family and some close friends! My sister flies home to Edinburgh tomorrow- but I will see her in just over 100 days- when I head to the UK for some Cake decorating workshops!!
I am so excited- not only have I booked a two day Floral class with Alan Dunn- at Squires Kitchen School- I am also booked in with Lorraine from Icing on the cake- for some figurine workshops! Not to mention- I will be sure to head to PME at Knightsbridge whilst I am in London!
I think I have gone Cake mad! I am so excited about heading to the UK!
If there are any other UK Decorators that have any classes available in July- I would love to hear from you too!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend!

No comments: