Wednesday 2 January 2008

Farewell 2007...Hello 2008!

Well, I can't believe that it is now 2008! I have officially worked on my own for just over a year now- and am loving every minute of it. 2007 had me work with some fantastic clients, creating awesome designs- that I will never forget!
I started 2007 with a gorgeous cupcake design on the 1st January- and finished off the year with cakes for Weddings held on NYE!
Being a renowned "quiet" time of year- I once again- am yet to get some quiet time. This last weekend I had weddings on both the Saturday- and a couple on Monday (NYE).
One of the Saturday weddings was held down the Gold Coast, at The Villa- a glorious private Golf course, which oozes opulence.
The cake was a four tier design (created from the Bride's own drawing)- for 130 guests, simple and elegant, plain iced, and decorated only with ribbon and some sugar rose petals, and a sugar plaque bearing the clients wedding monogram. Fresh flowers to match the bridal bouquet were added later to fit the theme.




Then on New Years Eve, I had a wedding- that was held at a private home. Set in a beautiful, atrium style room, this intimate wedding had a grand Frangipani design as its center piece.
A light moist vanilla butter cake, layered and filled with Vanilla butter cream, then 50 Sugar frangipanis in varying colours to decorate.



It was certainly a great way to end the year!

Having made so many wonderful cakes this year- it is really hard to pick favourites. But for fun, I have chosen 10 designs that really stuck in my mind over the year. When I work out how to get a poll onto the blog- I would love your opinion on what cake you think was the Best of 2007!
In the mean time, you are welcome to leave a comment as a suggestion to your favourites!

No comments: