Sunday 27 January 2008

Reminiscing....


This week bought me to a venue, that has a lot of great memories for me.
Over 5 years ago now- My husband proposed to me at the point at Scarborough. Followed by a lovely lunch at Morgan's Seafood Restaurant- So hence- every time I get to deliver a wedding cake out there- the memories come flooding back!
Being Australia Day Yesterday, I was surprised at he relatively little amount of traffic as I tripped up to Scarborough to deliver the cake.
The cake was a three tier cake- Marbled Dark chocolate and Caramel mud for the base, White Raspberry in the Middle, and Chocolate Chip Mud for the top.
Each tier was banded by a black ribbon, with crystals attached at intervals along the band.
The center tier was quilted with Gold cachous, and the top had a wired heart spray, in the wedding colour theme.

Not only did I deliver a cake to the same location that I was proposed to at, but when I went to let the Chefs know I had set the cake up- I ran into an old chef of mine, that I hadn't seen in 10 years! I was really surprised to see him- and baffled that he remembered me!
My Australia Day couldn't have gone any better!

This week is full steam ahead, with weddings on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!
With Monday being a public holiday (for everyone else!!) I will have to get myself into gear for another big one ahead!





No comments: