Friday 14 August 2009

Weddings, Babies and more!

Well this past week has been a full one for sure- I wasn't barely over my baby sisters 21st- when I was back into the swing of wedding cakes.
My favourite cake for the week had me running across Brisbane to get the images printed. My local wholesaler's edible image printer is not up to scratch when it comes to black images- so I headed to Seventeen Mile Rocks to get this one done.
The band of edible image was print of the wedding stationary.


The top tier featured and enlarged cut out of part of the invite pattern too.
The room was themed so well- Black table cloths- with black chair covers and red sashes- the cake table was clothed White- I wish it had have been black too- it would have looked so striking!

The next wedding cake was taken down to hope Island Resort.
With a gold and Ivory theme- this cake looked the part.


The "Round Square Round" combination is not a very requested one- but adds another element to the design.

the last cake- I am afraid to say- I do not have a decent picture of. I am not a photographer- so taking images at dusk without a flash doesn't seem to work.
The couple had a cartoon bride and groom on top- With this popular wedding gown style proving really difficult to replicate.


Pinched fabric forming a big puffy princess skirt is Very Hard to make from soft delicate sugar! Practise makes perfect-and I have a few Brides coming up with similar gowns!

I headed to the Ekka last week- to check out the cakes- no luck for me- maybe next year, but there was some fabulous ones there! There is always kooky people at the show- and this very well trained dog was no exception. He pranced around on command from his owner- with a toy jockey/doll strapped to him. Check out his out fit- the glasses bandana and all!

Last but not least- This Tuesday afternoon (11/08/09) Despite meeting with 6 couples- I was a tad distracted by the fact that my Brother and Law and His Wife - just welcomed our newest niece into the world! Imogen Rose Wicks weighed in at a healthy 7lb 9oz. She is as cute as a button! A gorgeous baby sister for our first niece Scarlett.


So now I have August all tied up with Family birthdays 1st, 2nd 11th and 12th!

Who is on the 12th????? Check out my next post for more info!


No comments: