Monday 18 August 2008

Pretty as a picture!

Well I cannot believe that I have been back for 2 whole weeks now! Time has really flown since my trip!
I have 2 cakes that I absolutely loved this week.
The first one is a version of a christening cake did 12 months ago!


Instead of the single tier design- this cake was a pretty two tier cake- so fitting for a little girl!
Each tier had tiny rosebuds and leaves on it. They were scattered all over the base tier- and the top tier had them around the top of the tier- with fine piped icing pearls in between.
A cute set of Pink sugar bootees and a name banner finished off this lovely cake! My husband and family were amazed that the cake I originally made was also for a "Charlotte" too! I guess the Pretty name needs an equally pretty cake!

The next cake was just wonderful to look at - and smell!
Ths 6 tier tower of cupcakes and top tier- complete with personalised toppers suited the venue to a tee! Held at the Brisbane club- the reception room was warm wood tones- in a typically "Classic elegant" setting! I had never delivered a cake to the Brisbane Club before- and as you would expect from such an establishment- They had a coordinator who was on the ball! Charles not only greeted me at the loading dock- he also helped carry all of the boxes of cakes u to the room, where he made sure everything was perfect for the cake! Drawing the Shutters so that the sunlight was not warming the cakes, and making sure the cake stayed as it was delivered!

A Mocha, Chocolate and Vanilla colour theme was set for the design.


Vanilla butter cupcakes topped with a mocha butter cream icing, and Chocolate Macadamia Cupcakes with a vanilla butter cream!


The top tier had a gorgeous little couple and hearts to finish it all off!


I only wish my photographic skills were better!
Simple cupcake towers with a great colour scheme can- and do- look as elegant as the function being held!

This week I start my long distance deliveries!!!! Heading to Marburg on Saturday to deliver some more cupcakes! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the little rosebuds! It reminds me of fabric my grandmother used to make me a dress and PJs when I was a little girl.

Unknown said...

Charlotte´s christening cake is perfect! You are unbelieveble!