Monday 10 January 2011

Four tiers and more!


There are definitely benefits of running behind with blogging. For one I get to reminisce about all the fabulous cakes and not to mention the equally lovely clients who received them.
I also am reminded- especially after a short break over Xmas and New Years- that I can do it (get all the cake orders done for the week) and that I need not stress as it will all happen. With the weather still being unkind and bucketing down- my perfectly dry Air con room is worth its weight in gold! 

The third week in November was one with some impressive cakes indeed.

I find small things intriguing- such as the fact that I has Two four tier cakes and Two Cakes will L&A on top..... silly I know- but when you spend the entire week surrounded by all things cake you go a tad loopy LOL!
I actually did a double take to make sure that I had the L&A correct on both cakes!
The first L&A  cake was held at Sirromet.
Organised entirely from The UK this cake was a pleasure to make for such a lovely couple.  

A two tier version of the Silver Strings cake design.
The topper letters were sourced from the UK.

The next L&A cake was for Indooroopilly Golf Club.
A simple yet stylish three tier cake with Silver Monogram initials on top.  


 I didn't have far to go to deliver the next cake- just around the corner to Hillstone- St Lucia.
This Vintage inspired cake for Megan and Liam including dusty pink piping detail and sugar bows to complete the theme.


Megan and Liam's photos were taken by the Uber talented Toni Snell- check out their wedding on her Blog!

I had a trip out to Glengariff to deliver the first four tier cake of the weekend.
Crystals and Diamantes were scattered throughout the piping and also on the two ribbon sliders.  


The couple topped off the cake with a cool set of toppers- which were realistic caricatures of the couple!
One of my favourite cakes over the years has been the Fresh Bride/Bridal Rose Design. With all the piped icing pearls it is just really pretty.  



Finished off with fresh roses in varying pinks- it was just gorgeous!  



This cake weighed a tonne- thank goodness for Steve's Muscles  to carry the cake from the car to the table for me :)

The next cake took allot of time and effort- but every bit worth it!
A tower of cupcakes in a Peacock and White colour theme.
Pearl finish and embossing- Butterflies and Blossoms- every bit just gorgeous.

Inspired by an image sent to me by the bride- (unfortunately I have no idea who the original artist actually is) the cake themselves looked very much like that of the style of the Small Things Iced company in the UK.  


The Wedding was held at a private home in Newmarket- and from the comments from the Bride it went down a treat! 
 

I love the dome cupcakes- really pretty indeed!


Last but not least for the week was some cupcakes for a returning clients mum's birthday!
Sandy has been a great client- starting with her massive 7 tier tower of cupcakes for her wedding- then cupcakes for her baby shower last year and now Cupcakes for her mum!
How gorgeous are they both! Congrats- I hope that you had an amazing day!

Stay safe Keep Dry and thanks for Reading
SJ

No comments: