Sunday 9 January 2011

Cakes Around SEQ



Weeks like this one is what keeps me interested! Having a vast variety of styles and designs to create really makes the workload exciting.
The first cake for the week was for a returning client.
A few years back I had created her 21st cake- and now I was honored to make her engagement cake too!
A two tier version of the Dainty dots cake design was collected and taken to a private reception. 


I had a mammoth delivery run on the Saturday.
Starting fairly early- we headed over to Edge Modern Dining at Ferny Hills to deliver a three tier chocolate fondant cake.  


I also had a cake delivery for Cloudland. To be honest I have not been inside a night club in many years- and whilst I had heard fabulous things about Cloudland and had been keen to have dinner and a cocktail or two there- somehow I have just never gotten around to it.
So when I delivered this cake was the first time I had seen inside for myself.
There is allot of Themeing and Decoration inside- which certainly gives the venue real atmosphere. I would love to see inside when it is open- and the lighting all on and set to create the true ambiance it is set out to have.
One day- when I can stay awake past 9pm- I may just go back and check it out!
The cake delivered was a variation of the Skeleton Leaves design- minus the leaves- with thin black cord and with fresh flowers later added by the couples florist.



After  Cloudland we shpt across to Customs house to set up the next cake.
A three tier cake with a trail of fresh Phalenopsis Orchids and Singapore Orchids.
What is really uncanny about this cake is that I set the exact same cake design at the same venue more than 2 years prior.
Whilst I often get asked to recreate some of my past designs - this was the first time I had recreated this one- and the fact that it was for the same venue was unique.  



 Next I zipped across to Sirromet to set up a cute Two tier Mad Hatter.
Complete with a bridal couple on top.
A Pale pink Ivory and Silver theme  all tied together in a funky cake design.


 The groom wore a silver grey suit and the Bride a flowing Ivory gown.


Next Stop was Coolibah Downs at Nerang.
I love this cake- the Four tiers of the Mummy design really adds that extra element of Wow factor.  

This Ivory Four tier version had hand made sugar rose petals in the Bridesmaids colours scattered across the cake.


I was delighted to see an image of the couple on my Facebook Page the very  next day thanking me! How Lovely!

Next Stop was Burleigh Heads.
I delivered this cake to a private home for a reception the following day at Oscars.
As I did not get to see the cake with the flowers from the florist- the Bride and groom were kind enough to send through an image of the completed cake!
Thank you so muck Mr and Mrs Leske! 



It wasn't all over for the week until the Tuesday when I had another "Bride in Waiting" cake collected to be taken over to An Island Hideaway.


 So that was my week- long and eclectic just how I like it!
Thanks for reading
SJ

No comments: