Sunday 24 February 2008

Milestones...

If you follow my website- and this blog- you will notice that I have been a little slack of late- updating my site with recent cake pictures.
This morning- however- I actually added around 3 weeks worth of unique cake pictures to the site! What amazed me is that in the wedding cake gallery alone is ....... 180 cake pictures!!! can you believe it! I really need to get a new website and sort this out! If an unsuspecting dial up user came across my website they could be waiting for days to view those pictures ;)
As mentioned in my previous post- yesterday was the hottest day for 2008 so far- of course the hottest day of the year had to be the day when I was delivering a chocolate cake, and fresh flower cakes!!! So with the car sitting running with the Air conditioning on for 10 minutes before I started loading- to get the temperature down a degree or 15!!

Suffice to say- all cakes arrived as they were created! This chocolate design went to Mt Cootha- and although I have created this design numerous times- this cake- with the off white and blush pink roses looked so romantic!

The next cake was for a lovely couple- who were holding their reception at the Pacific international hotel. One of my wonderful friends- Natalie- works there as a chef- and not only was she working on her birthday- but it is was also a significant one at that!
The cake is a classic design- that suited the room- that was adorned wit red rose petals.


This next design was for the identical twin of one of my clients from last year (that was a mouthful!). They held their wedding down at the Marriott Surfers Paradise- on Friday. A beach wedding inspired this cake- and it looked fitting for the occasion. Brushed blue, with shell and frangipani decorations- all edible of course.

Last but not least is this carved three tier design. My cousin actually helped by painting some of the piping silver for me- thanks Jess- then my husband carried all 17knof it through South bank to Cafe San Marco- where the reception was held. A real family affair! With Next week a big week- not only allot of weddings- but my friend Natalie is celebrating her birthday- and my sister Kate is coming home after 1 year away overseas!


No comments: