Sunday 10 February 2008

Catch up time!

Firstly- My apologies to my loyal reader for not writing a blog note last weekend. Time simply slipped away- and before I new it another week had passed.

So to "Catch up" on what happened last week- here goes:

I had yet another weekend filled with cakes across 4 days. Beginning on Thursday, all the way through to Sunday. The week itself was hectic, with the constant rain pouring down- making cake decorating that little bit more difficult than usual.
On the Tuesday afternoon I received a call from a Bride asking as to how her Wedding cake for Friday was coming along- Unfortunately I didn't have an order for the Bride! This particular Bride had emailed me an inquiry in Early November- and as she was happy with what I had quoted her- had asked her Mother in Law to book the cake ( she was residing Overseas). A gut feeling made her ring me (along with the fact that other suppliers had also been missed) - and luckily she did! I felt terrible for this bride- two and a half days until she was to be married- and no cake! Although I was technically fully booked for that week, and needing only basic Cupcakes- I was more than happy to help. The Groom came and collected the cakes, and stand on the Morning of the wedding, and told me how wonderful everything ended up when he returned the stand this week. Crisis averted!

I then had a weekend filled with really personalised cakes.
On Saturday I had two designs-
The first was held at North lakes- where when I went to set up the cake- the family was there setting up the reception room- with less than 2 1/2 hours until the ceremony- the setting up was in full swing!


The bride and groom had found a beautiful mosaic mirror to place their cake onto. Tying in with the Blue colour theme, complete with a three tier cake- banded with personalised ribbon- this cake looked great.

Next I headed to Brett's Wharf- to set up a gorgeous Cupcake tree.
This couple also had a little baby, so I made a sugar "family" that topped the cupcake tower! Pink and Cream rise petals engulfed the design, creating a soft and romantic look.



Then on Sunday Morning- as the rain Bucketed down, I delivered a Cupcake tower- for a little girls baptism. Every cupcake was gluten free. The top tier was designed to match the invitation paper- and was just too cute!My only wish is that I was a better photographer!

For those of you who are still reading on...
Here is this weeks Cake That! Adventures!

I once again had teh opportunity to make a cake for Jett- a little boy whose christening cake I made last June. This weekend he was turning one- so at the request of his lovely mum- I made him a cute Frog cake!

Complete with a cheeky poking out tongue and all!

My family is always keen to help out when it comes to delivering cakes. On Friday- my cousin- Jess tagged along to help set up for a wedding at Indooroopilly Golf Course. The Groom was a mad keen golfer- so it was only fitting that their toppers were carrying clubs!!For her first cake set up- Jess did an awesome job! She helped me put this tower together in no time!

One of my most asked about designs is the "Bridal rose/Pearl essence" cake. With piped icing pearls around teh base- ranging from pea sized through to pin sized- this cake is always beautiful This week I had my first ever square version of the design- and it too looked great (if I do say so myself!). The entire cake was Dark Raspberry Mud- and it weighed a tonne!
Iced in Ivory with the piped icing pearls and some fresh flowers to finish- beautiful.

There is one more cake that I must tell you about this week- but it needs a story all on its own!




No comments: