Saturday 7 July 2007

Lucky Sevens!






This week has been my biggest yet!
With a record breaking number of couples tying the knot in Queensland today (07/07/07)- some of this frenzy of course had to trail down through to all the wedding suppliers out there.
Brisbane turned on a perfect winters day today- warm enough to go without a jumper- barely any wind and a vast blue sky!
I have had every type of cake flavour, style and design to create this week. From the prettiest cupcakes, through to bright novelty designs- Chocolate creations, classic styles, and a true "designer cake" thrown in for good mix!
Starting Yesterday- I had a soft classic three tier design that just made you go Ahhh- when you saw it. The soft icing folds, that floated down and across the design, along with the pink centered ivory sugar roses- completed this classic design.


Then today my day began at 8am. With our newly monogrammed "Cake That!" shirts on- My husband and I set out delivering the 7 (yes 7- freaky I know!) wedding cakes I had on order for today!
We had to make multiple trips to deliver the masterpieces! Driving around all day today- I began to ponder- once again- all those mouths that will be sampling a little bit of cake tonight! It is really exciting!
To throw a bit of spice into my already hectic week- today is also my grandmothers birthday! I love making cakes for my family- especially because I can make whatever I like- and normally whatever I feel like eating too!! So a layered sponge filled with a vanilla bean, honey and ricotta cream, and cinnamon poached pears slices! Yum! I can wait to cut it tonight!


Having to pick a favourite from all the cakes I have created this week is very hard! But purely for the uniqueness of the design I have chosen the cake below! This cake was designed incorporating elements of a design the bride found on the web- the delicate sugar Arcs and monochromatic colour scheme really draw me to this design. I am sure the guests of this wedding will remember this cake for years to come.
I can't wait to deliver this cake tomorrow and see the reaction of the reception venue!
Until next time.....SJ

No comments: