Sunday 6 May 2007

Great South East

This weekend has been one of my most hectic yet! My husband and I drove more than 550km's yesterday-delivering cakes. We started early delivering cakes around the Brisbane CBD- then we headed out to Grandchester and then back to the Gold Coast- before finally returning home at 6pm! It was a massive day of driving to say the least!

This week saw me create a stunning Navy Blue cake design. This is an adaptation of a design I had already made for a couple last year- But in keeping with this couples Navy and Silver theme- we adapted the design to include Navy icing- and white decorations and draping. I was excited to see the navy napkins they had chosen were the same colour as the icing. Such a bold cake in a predominately white room was very striking! I also had another couple who had chosen the same design- in a classic red and white colour scheme. It is amazing how different the same design can look in a different colour!


Being a Long Weekend- I have another 2 weddings today- and once they are delivered- I am free to enjoy the rest of my weekend!

No comments: