Sunday 29 April 2007

Finals Fever!

It is with great excitement that I can announce that I(Cake That!) am a finalist in this years ABIA Awards. I am a finalist in the QLD category for Wedding Cake Design. This is an award where your past clients vote for you- and the service that you have provided! I am very greatful and excited to have received many votes and well wishes fro my clients over the past year! So fingers crossed X The awards dinner is on the 15th of May- so I will keep you posted!
It was fabulous news to receive. I was also fortunate to receive three wonderful Thank yous in the mail this week. I love hearing feedback from my clients- and I really enjoy seeing the fantastic pictures they send from their special day!

Being involved in a wedding is a very special commitment- so when a Bride has a change of heart and wants to change her entire design(from Cupcakes to a stunning classic three tier design)- with less than 2 weeks notice- I am quickly my toes to see how I can manage the new design in time! Quite often I fall in love with a particular design, and his cake is one of those occasions.


This is the design the Bride emailed me just over 2 weeks ago.......



And this was the finished Product!!!
I love this cake- especially this photo. The Bride had some slight changes to the original design- including changing the icing band from a green to a Teal Blue- to match her Bridesmaids gowns. The colour match was perfect- to the naked eye- so I was more than chuffed with the overall result. The cake was then transported (by the brides Future In Laws) to the Venue on the Border of NSW and QLD. I can't wait to here how it all went.

I also had my husband travel to Maleny to deliver and set up a cupcake tree for me. My husband is so meticulous and takes exceptional pride in setting up designs for me. He had the special task of setting up the cupcake tree with the gorgeous Pregnant Bride figurine!
She was just too cute!

The week ahead is another big one!! With a Public Holiday long Weekend-it seems everyone wants to get married in the first weekend of May!
Well- Thank you all for reading my Blog!
Till the next chapter.......




No comments: