Wednesday 23 May 2007

ABIA Awards Night


Me and My little Sister Alex!


On Tuesday 15th May- The Cake That! support Crew headed to the 9th Annual QLD ABIA awards held at the Royal on the Park hotel.
The Awards for the Bridal industry are voted for by your past clients- so it was already an absolute honour to have been nominated, and to have qualified as a finalist in the Wedding cake Design category. As the top ten finalist were announced, there was my name up on the big screen- then it dropped down to the top 5- I was still in there!!!- Then the top three- I am almost squealing with excitement- can you believe it- after such a relatively short time in business- I am in the top 3 wedding cake designers in Queensland!!
And then for the drum roll......................... And the Winner is...........
Betty Ross cake design :( ! But Hey!!!! I came Second!!!! I only missed out by 0.1% I can't believe it I am the Runner up!!!!!



The scoreboard shows it all!

So I am so happy and Proud to be the 2007 Queensland-Australian Bridal Industry Academy- Runner up in the Wedding Cake Design Category!!
So this week a very big thank you to all my past clients who voted for me- giving me an overall ranking of 99.24% Satisfaction! The awards are based on Product quality, customer service, staff attitude, and value for money. So all in all I think that Cake That! has really made a mark in the industry!

A special Thank you goes out to my Family of supporters. who have encouraged me to do what I love! Especially My Husband, My parents and My Sisters- who give up a part of their week/weekend to ensure Cake that! is as successful as it is! From Delivery driving to collecting ingredients- and even bookwork- they all put in and give me a hand!! Not to mention the rest of my family and friends who are full of encouragement and support!!

So to all my past, present and future brides and grooms- you are welcome to vote year round on your Cake That! wedding cake-simply go to the ABIA website and enter your details. Voting couples go in the running to win a fantastic 2nd Honeymoon/Holiday!
By rating your suppliers you are giving an honest indication to future clients about vendors quality and customer satisfaction of their product!

So now all I need to do is improve that extra couple of points to become the ABIA 2008 QLD wedding cake designer!!!! Wish me Luck!

No comments: