Wednesday 20 January 2010

Happy 2010!!!

OK- Firstly a Very Big and sincere apology to all of my loyal readers for not posting on my blog for SOOOOOOOOOO long! While I have been on holidays from making cakes- the emails and calls have been coming in thick and fast- and while today is officially my first day "back to work" I am yet to actually finished half of the tasks I set out to do on my "holidays" LOL!
Any way I am back and Wish everyone a fabulous 2010 ahead.

Although we are many weeks into the New Year already I still have many weeks of cakes from 2009 to share with you all.
This blog is featuring cakes form the second last week in November- sounds like a long time ago now- time really flies over the festive season!

First up is one of my Favourite Designs to make! This cake with the piped icing pearls rising up the sides and fresh roses to decorate is just beautiful.I also had a similar design- but with the inclusion of some pale pink pearls as well as sugar roses.Piping the coloured pearls felt a bit "unusual" at first- but with the lightly dusted centers of the roses to match- it looked really pretty!

It seems that pink isn't only my favourite colour! I also had this Cherry blossom pink cake too!


This cake also had a porcelain figurine on top too!I am also excited that I got my new "Cake That!" stamp - the last one I had for 5 years then all of a sudden it vanished :0 ! So I had new ones made (including a spare just in case)!

This next tower cake was for a surprise birthday.
Fresh lilies coming out the top - two cakes inside and dark and white chocolate- could you ask for more???

Last but not least for that week was a gorgeous Christening cake design.

With the baby's name in 2D name blocks around the base tier- and a cute baby in a blanket on the top- it was just gorgeous!

The pale green blue and lemon colour theme is soft and looks fabulous for a baby boy!

More blogs to follow!
Don't forget you can also keep up to date with my cakes through Facebook- at the Cake That! Facebook group!

No comments: