Tuesday 26 January 2010

Far and Away

The first week in December had me sending cakes all over SEQ and to FIJI!
I had two cakes go to Mt Tambourine on this particular weekend.
The first was a chocolate creation that was filled with summer berries and finished with dark chocolate chards!


The second cake was a cupcake tower- and although it was collected I managed o get a shot of the top tier- which was an enlarged cupcake itself!

Pale pink and white themed- the cupcakes that went with the tower featured chocolate monogram initials and pale pink and vanilla butter cream icing.

I also had a wicked chocolate creation for a 21st Birthday- A cake that I have done multiple times, but each time just that little bit different.

This time the cake was a tower cake design- the super long dark chocolate cards really gave a tall sleek look- then the chocolate lollipops popping out the top were just a whole lot of fun! This time I also incorporated some chocolate butterflies too!

If you have read my previous post you would have seen that I thanked my wonderful family for all their help and support that they give me throughout the year... but did I mention the favours I also get to do for them ;))
Being the resident cake maker my family can be assured of being able to supply their closest friends with some unreal cakes on my behalf.

My sister Kate's friend Sara was holding her 40th Birthday- In Fiji!!! and what better way to celebrate than to have your own personalised cake flown over??  Kate is always keen to come up with design ideas- most of which are pretty damn cool- this cake was no exception! A girls week in Fiji was what inspired this cocktail drink design- complete with a sugar lae! A collaboration between Kate and Myself to have this design come together and basically look AWESOME!
Kate carried the cake with her to Fiji- and just like I told her- there is no hassles in taking a cake on a plane- you get so many oooh's and aah's form the airline staff- and once the cake has been xray scanned you are free to place it in the overhead locker for a smooth journey to your destination.

Kate was pretty proud of her design- and so she should be.
Sara LOVED the cake- the design itself was a surprise until their arrival in Fiji- even eating the sugar off the board LOL! Keeping with the cocktail theme the cake inside was a coconut frangellico white chocolate mud!


Happy Birthday Sara!

Well I am slowly getting through the final weeks of  2009 on my blog- not far to go now!
Thanks for reading
SJ

1 comment:

chefany said...

I love your cakes...all the clean lines and perfect colors!