Friday 13 November 2009

Beautiful Blooms


The cakes in this weeks blog were all influenced by gorgeous spring blooms.
My Week of delivering began on the Friday- with two separate clients both having cupcake towers and both having morning weddings.
Getting up early to deliver the cakes doesn't worry me- I am up with the sun everyday anyway- but the morning traffic certainly drives me nuts!

I had the first cake to deliver to Hillstone. This was my first time ever working with fresh Arum lilies- they are quite a large flower- and completely different in shape to the roses I generally work with.
I was hesitant to how this design would look- but I quickly fell in love. The room was also set with Arums- and the fresh white linen and room decor- coupled with the morning sun- it was just beautiful!

Originally a variation of the Double dip design- this tower certainly deserves its own credit for beauty.

After Hillstone I headed east to Sirromet- what a trip-over an hour in peak hour through the city and then out the other side.
I felt a bit rushed- even though I had plenty of time before the reception began- I think the traffic just made me feel anxious as the journey took longer than normal.
This tower was filled with Purple Lisianthus blooms and a topper. A great warm colour palette for the Barrel hall.By the time I set this cake and headed home it was getting close to midday- a very late start for a Friday indeed!

I had some Sugar Arums to make this week too.
Trailing down the cake in a very classic- almost English looking design- this cake was definitely traditional.With Ivy in amongst the Arums and strung pearls around the tiers- it was girly and glamorous.


I am without many of my cake images from this particular week- as a few were decorated with fresh flowers and I did not get to see them completed :(

I did do some more Sugar work though- This cake - with Dusty Pink, Ivory and Soft pink sugar roses pepper berries and green succulents on the top was really stunning!
This cake was taken out to Glengariff Estate.
Complete with pearl Ivory striped overlay- this is certainly a very popular style of design.

Despite the small selection displayed - I still managed another huge week of wedding season!

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback- and welcome any comments you may have!
Simply click on the comment button below to leave your message.

Thanks for reading
SJ




Making this cake with coloured sugar flowers on top is a wonderful change- I really like it!



No comments: