Friday 2 October 2009

Time just flies.......

Before I share the next weeks of cakes with you- I should first mention that on the 19/09/09 My parents shared their 34th Wedding anniversary! That is a long time for Sure! Congratulations Mum and Dad! sorry I didn't have time to make you a cake- maybe next year ;))
It was also my dad's birthday- and when I went to buy my dad the Brush cutter he wanted- I ran into a past client of mine- who recognised me in all of my glory- small world! With a hectic week of cakes, luckily for me my Nana took care of the cake of that one too! Thanks Nana!

This week I had some truly beautiful cakes- once again all thanks to my equally gorgeous clients for getting me to make them!
Anyway- it was a MASSIVE week of cakes! allot of big cakes and allot of detailed cakes- allot fo flowers- both sugar and fresh!
The First cake of the week was being sent to Ocean view estate at Mt Mee- I swear I have done so many cakes for this venue- but am yet to personally deliver there.
This cake was an adaptation of my "ruby love" design. The wedding colour theme was a deep red- which was reflected in the ribbon and the piping detail on the base tier.


The top tier had a brush embroidery detail that mimicked the applique on the skirt of the brides gown.


Trying to put the applique onto the cartoon toppers skirt was a mean feat! so teeny tiny!

The Bride (Alicia) was worried that maybe she had too much going on on her cake- but in the end it turned out just gorgeous! I don't have a flashy camera- so the detail isn't as "up close" as I would love to show- but the brides bodice is also encrusted in a diamond white edible glitter- that made it sparkle like the crystals that encrusted her entire top on her actual gown.

I have some really fantastic repeat clients, and one in particular is Michelle. She and Brad got married in May 2008- and they star on my website too! Her Sister in law and her husband - Kieran- also got their wedding cake from me- and this cake ordered by Michelle was for Brenda's Baby shower. I made Brenda and Kieran's cake back in August 2008- and they are expecting a baby any week now!


The theme for the baby shower was Jungle animals- so I made a bunch of Jungle animal face toppers that sat onto of cupcakes- all piled onto a stand.

I had a Friday wedding this week too! White Ivory and bling buckles, coupled with faint pink dusted sugar roses turned this combination into an elegant and contemporary design.


I was all over Brisbane on Saturday the 19th September.
My first stop was for another repeat client family.
Earlier this year I made Emma's sister Selina's wedding cake- but this time it was Emma's turn!
A three tier white iced cake with Adrenalin roses between the layers- just gorgeous! I only wish I had a better image of the cake- as the light was directly behind the cake.


The single row of roses is a more economical way to display the fresh flower stack cakes. It looks so elegant!
After the Hotel Grand chancellor we were off to Tattersalls to deliver this four tier design.
The bride had especially requested rounded square tiers- which is challenging given my edges are normally quite square.


The invitation paper was wrapped around two tiers, the entire cake lustered with snowflake- and random cachous and crystals across the design.
My next stop was the Royal on the park- where I saw the fabulous ladies from " The Party Girls" setting up. I was surprised to have my cake recognised as a "cake That!" cake by one of the girls- flattering indeed.
A cute cartoon couple on top of this classic three tier design.


The Brides gown was lace with a diamante brooch under the bust- really pretty. I love the detail that the cartoon couples can have.

I remembered to take a shot of the gown close up whilst I was making the topper for you all to see!

I also had to travel to Caboolture- for one of the best in home wedding set ups I have seen. A brand new home completely decked out as a pink and white elegant wedding reception. So pretty!


This house was so new- the address wasn't registering on the NavMan- but I found it quite easily!

I had a birthday cupcake design to set up at The Story Bridge hotel- but there was an engagement party there during the day- so unfortunately I didn't get to take a picture of the cake set up.



Each cupcake had a teal green dragonfly on top of each cake. It would have looked so pretty!

the week wasn't over with Saturday- I had two weddings on the Sunday- 20/09/2009 ( 20 09/ 2009) another lucky number date.
The First cake I delivered is one of my " If I had my wedding again" designs.
With the flowers supplied by Karen at Bliss Floral- I delivered the entire creation to the Marquee at Victoria Park.


Soft and light vanilla butter cream over four different flavoured cakes! The vertical palette lines give the illusion of added height- although each tier is already 20cm high.

Last but not least is a real stunner! Three double height tiers with piped pearls around the top edge and fresh flowers scattered across the design. Pretty Pretty Pretty! Classy elegant and just gorgeous!
That all for now- I better get back to today's cakes- but for now I am close to being up to date with my blogging- only a week behind now! ;)




1 comment:

Brandy L said...

Can i just say WOW! Those cakes are spectacular! I especially love the wedding dress cake. I'm just in Awe of your work!