Friday 2 October 2009

The little cartoon people!


The Second week in September seemed to be all about the cartoon couples! Almost every cake I did this week had a set on them- each one very different indeed.

The first cake of the week was for a Wednesday wedding- 09/09/09! It was only days since I had made my first delivery to the beautiful Emporium hotel- and I was back there again with another cake. This couple had chosen a cake for its "Yum" factor rather than some thing traditional to celebrate their wedding day.


A cute cartoon couple- complete with the groom in his Kilt stood at the front of the single layer design. a matching Kitchen cake to cover the guest numbers was also made.
Inside the cake was a rich dark chocolate and raspberry Mud- with a thick layer of white ganache icing, solid white chocolate panels and then seasonal berries piled high on top. I LOVE the smell of berry cakes-just divine!

I also had a cartoon couple head up to Mt Tambourine. Jo and Ash collected their cake from me and travelled up the mountain for their wedding. When Ash arrived I noticed that he had a very very short blonde hair cut- which in the original photo (to me) looked totally shaven, so I added some hair while they waited- woops!
The black and white theme is so popular at the moment and looks just striking!

It was Riverfire night on the 12/09/09 and for the first time in years I didn't have to deliver to a inner city venue! With all of my deliveries for the day out of the CBD- I had a reasonably fast run of delivering- although long distance- it seemed to be easier than being in the CBD traffic on riverfire.

The Last but not least set of toppers for the week was for the beautiful Sheree and Hardy- who got married out at Peppers Hiddenvale.


A cupcake tower with fresh sunset roses in amongst the cakes. The toppers sat high on the top tier! Sheree was kind enough to send me through some images of her and Hardy from their wedding day straight after her wedding! Thanks Sheree- You both looked amazing!

Slowly but surely I am catching up on Blogging! I have so many great cakes to share with you- so I look forward to making some time to write all about them and let you see for yourself!
Congratulations to all my couples this week!

No comments: