Saturday 25 April 2009

A Family Affair...

As you may have heard time and time before- I would not have the success I do without the help love and support of my family.
Each week they are keen to lend a hand in any way they can- from collecting supplies for me through to helping me deliver cakes- I certainly couldn't do it all without them.
Last weekend was no different. I had a wedding to attend- 3hours NW of Brisbane- so armed with a long list of detailed instructions, my car with a full tank of fuel and a load of cakes- I left my Mum and sister Kate to deliver the weekends cakes.

Not only were they delivering cakes- they also had some cakes to be collected.
Without a hitch- each cake was sent to their respective owners/venues!
I don't have all of the pictures- as the ones that were collected were cupcakes- and some of the delivery cakes are still on my phone- as my sister and mum sent through phone camera pictures for me to see the jobs well done.

This first cupcake tower was for a girl who I use to work with many moons ago- when I was still at high school- at Hungry Jacks ( Sorry Kirsty for mentioning HJ's). When Kirtsy walked through my gate we were both stunned to see each other- such a small world.

Kirsty and Lachlan had their reception at Aqua Linea, and had this cupcake tower filled with 130 cupcakes, and finished later with fresh flowers through the tiers.

The Next two cakes were both at the same venue- The Royal on the Park.
I had contacted Helen Russo( Wedding Coordinator) to let her know that my family would be my delivery personnel for the weekend- and that they were armed with instructions for each cake.
The First cake is a bit of fun- The Groom really wanted to be in his Football uniform- so his cake topper was dressed accordingly. The Bride in her wedding attire standing more than a foot shorter than the groom- to complete the personalised details.

Black and White is certainly emerging as the most popular wedding theme these days. It is strikingly elegant. The fine piped dots in Black white and silver rained down from the top of each tier, giving the cake a fashionable elegant finish to the comical beginning.

The Next cake was a Classic design, Three tiers with a quilted centre- tri dot detail on the base a top tiers.


The cake was completed at the venue with Silver monogram letters- across the top of the tier.


The weekend of delivering was not over on Saturday.
Sunday had Kate Delivering to Brett's Wharf. Blissfully unaware that she was speaking to renowned chef Alastair McLeod- Kate rattled off the details of the delivery to me confirming all went to plan.

Having such a great support network allowed me to have a fabulous weekend at a friends wedding- without worry or stress wondering if everything would be delivered safe and on time.




No comments: