Monday 20 April 2009

Easter brides...


It is not surprising that on the nation's longest long weekend- that this is a popular time of year for weddings.

My first couple took full advantage of the impending 4 day weekend- by holding their wedding on the Thursday before Good Friday.


Themed to match in with the blue colour used throughout the wedding- this cupcake tower was a mixture of flavours and colours.
The Bride and Groom have a wholesale "live" fish business- and had white fighting fish as their table decorations.
There was no rest for the wicked on Good Friday- with another cupcake tower due on Saturday- and plenty of cakes for the weekend- meant I worked through the day to get everything done.
Saturday came around fast! I had a fair distance to travel for deliveries- but I started at Hillstone- where I had 2 very similar cakes.

One Couple arranged everything over email- the other I did get to meet.
The first cake is an adaptation of the "stitched up" design on my website.

Made using an Ivory icing with filigree intertwining piping, and mini blush sugar roses- it had a "vintage" fell about it- and looked great in the room that was dressed with cream and ivory cloths.
The next cake was a four tier- white cake- with a band of piped intertwining hearts around each tier- and Ivory and pale pink sugar roses clustered across the design.

The thin pale pink ribbon added a touch of grace to this large design.

After Hillstone it was off to Rydges to set up this next wedding cake.
the flowers for this cake- and in fact the entire room- were set up by the lovely Sandy from
Always Fabulous Flowers.


The centrepieces- made using these glorious laser cut acrylic stands- were AMAZING!!
The cake itself was panels of dark chocolate with matching flowers on top.

After Rydges I headed over to Riverlife- where the Bride and Groom had had "Infuture" entertainment set them up a marquee right in the edge of the river.


A cocktail reception planned for later in the evening- was dressed like a high end soiree- the Cupcake tower was a mix of chocolate and Vanilla cupcakes, alternating on each level.

The last cake for Saturday was a cake for a Friend of a family friend.
Selina and Brad celebrated their wedding up at Morgans Sunset Blue at Scarborough.


Three tiers of cake - with white sugar lilies and a cute cartoon couple on top.
Selina is an identical triplet- and I look forward to creating her sister Emma's wedding cake later in the year.

I had one Easter Sunday wedding too.

A twist on an ultra traditional design- incorporating sugar roses and hearts..
I was lucky to be able to deliver the cake on Easter Saturday- so I got to spend the day with my family- all 23 of them at my house for Easter brekkie. Looking back maybe I would have been smarter to deliver the cake??LOL!!


No comments: