Tuesday 27 January 2009

Novel Ideas.....


This year has started off with some really fun cakes!

I had the pleasure of making cakes for not one but Two return clients this weekend.

The first was for a 30th Birthday- I made Deb's husband Chris' 30th cake back in 2007- and now it was her turn.
A bottle of Cristal- made of cake- in an ice bucket complete with sugar ice and Champagne glasses.

This cake was inspired by the fabulous Kelly from Crafty Confections in Ireland. I met Kelly when I was in the UK last July- and have been in contact with her since!

The Next cake was a Baby shower cake!
I had made a wedding cake for Kristy back in 2007 and now she was about to have a baby.
Kristy ordered a "nappy stack" which was cakes carved and iced to look like nappies- all tied together with a sugar bow and some little sugar bootees at the base. I think it turned out great.


Instead of just flat icing the board- I put folds of icing that were embossed with baby decals to make it look like a blanket- so cute!
The best part about January is that I have time to make Novelty designs- in amongst the wedding cakes.

Sorry about the dark photo's- with all of the rain we have been having it has been quite dark- without much natural light.
Here's hoping everyone had a fabulous long weekend!



No comments: