Wednesday 19 February 2014

What's new in 2014

Hello!
Well it's already the third week in February- this year is flying by!
There's lots of exciting things planned for Cake That! this year. 
An exciting new venture- a new list of gourmet flavours- and perhaps the most exciting- a Brand new Workroom for me!! 

I've worked from home for almost 10yrs now- and with the need of a bit more space- I've taken a plunge and engaged builders and as I type they're building a new extension specifically for cake!!
Every home needs a cake room- it's sure to be the Media room of the naughties lol. 
My old workroom has been transformed back into the bedroom it once was- and whilst I'm on leave - the builders are creating me a new space just for my cake!
Work in progress- it's speeding along!
Choosing a functional design- finding a draftsman and builder- then the nitty gritty bits like floor coverings and handwashing sinks- it's been a job in itself! Worth it all none the less :)
It's not far from completion- I'm so looking forward to setting out all my racking and equipment- and having the space ready to start making new display cakes!

I've got so many ideas in my mind- here's hoping they come together and create big beautiful cakes :)

This weekend I'm keeping in touch and having a day of consults and cake tasting! I can't wait to test out some of the new flavour range on prospective clients!! 

I can't wait to have the new room finished and start on my new display cakes! 
Thanks for reading
SJ xx

No comments: