Saturday 15 February 2014

In the swing!

As some of you may know- I'm currently off on leave. I won't be back to caking until April 2014- time is flying- but that doesn't stop me itching to make cakes though :)
One of my friends is having a baby soon- this is her second baby- and it's due to be a little girl- so I was itching to make her a cute cake :)

After I got the all clear to make it my mind went into creative overdrive. 
I wanted to make something that wasn't too over the top- and also incorporate the mum-to-be's request for a soft iced cake and Red Velvet. 
While the cake itself wasn't exactly Red Velvet- it was an ombré pink Velvet cake:D
I kept true to the request and iced the cake in a soft icing. 
Using the petal method I piped the base tier in a pink ombré- then finished the top tier with a little bunting on the wall and a sweet sugar baby carriage on top!

This cake definitely satisfied my need to "make a cake" fix!

Thanks for reading
SJ xx




No comments: