Saturday 15 February 2014

Cake That! Superfood Slice

Cake That!  Superfood Bar!

This delicious slice/bar is Gluten,Dairy,Nut and Sugar Free!

It's also vegan and requires minimal effort to make. I'm sure it'd last a long while in a container too- but it never lasts long enough here to test that theory lol


So here it is


Preheat your oven to 165degC


In a mixing bowl place

2 1/2 cups oats (if needed use GF oats)

2tbsp Chia seeds

3tbs Sunflower seeds

2tsp powdered ginger

2tsp cinnamon

200g sultanas

2tbs honey

2tbs flaxseed meal


In a blender- blend

2x over ripe bananas (med size)

200g pitted prunes

200g softened pitted dates (I put them into a bowl with a splash of water and microwave for 60secs)


Add blended mix to oat mix. 

Press into a lined slice tray and bake for 30-40 mins


The longer you bake the firmer the slice- I like it a bit chewy :)


Slice when warm- then devour once cold xx


I add other things to this slice and omit others depending on what I have on hand and what I feel like. 

As a base I use the oats and the blend mix- from there you can add coconut- nuts- dried fruit- different spices - whatever your heart desires!


You can even swap out prunes for more softened dates if you want. 

 I normally cut 18 pieces from a tray. They're a great little snack. 


Happy baking xx


No comments: