Tuesday 10 February 2009

Loving last weekend!


This last weekend gone I was well and truly back into the cake swing!
I had such a diverse group of cake designs to create- it was fabulous!

The first one I have decided to include is the Zebra head! Made for a 40th Birthday.
I loved making this- the sculpting and the fact that no two Zebra's stripes are the same!


When the client came to collect the cake ( obviously and Avid Zebra lover) she seemed delighted- and mentioned that maybe she wouldn't even cut the cake!

The Next cake- whie I make this style of design on a very regular basis- provided me with my fastest EVER thank you.
The entire cake had been arranged via email so I never had the chance to meet the Bride and Groom... Until the wedding day (SAT) when around Midday- the Groom to be arrived with his best man to collect the cake and take it to the Canungra Winery Reception.


When I woke up on Sunday Morning and checked my emails- there was a fabulous thank you from the Bride- sent to me at 11.45pm the night before. Now that is commitment! I hope Ben and Amy are enjoying their honeymoon! Thank you for the Thank you!

I had another beautiful stacked fresh flower cake last Saturday- with THE BEST roses I have ever been provided with. Beautiful big roses- stunning!
The cake was simply iced in Ivory with an Ivory ribbon around the base of each tier. What made the design was teh gorgeous blooms in pale pink, Ivory and Blood Red! This cake certainly was a symbol of elegance and beauty as you walked through the reception doors.


The next cake was contemporary and stylish.
A cube style design simply decorated with ribbons and skeleton leaves.

I then had my first ever Arum lily wedding cake.
This cake was originally ordered with Ivory roses- but the Bride to be asked ( only the Monday before the wedding!!!) if I could make Arum lilies instead. No worries!

As the cake was to be monochromatic- I used only subtle colour to bring the lilies to life.

Last but not least was this 1st birthday cupcake tower!


In greens and blues it was all too cute. Mixing regular and mini sized cupcakes- and a variety of decorations- including a waving baby and sugar "1" on top.

A fabulous diverse selection once again- ordered by some fabulous clients!

No comments: