Sunday 26 August 2007

All about Birthdays!


It isn't that often that I have the opportunity to make birthday cakes- often because I am well and truly booked out- by the time I get an inquiry. But this week I had a beautiful 16th Birthday Cupcake tree to make for Lauren! Celebrating this milestone was done in style- at the Stamford Plaza hotel. Each little cupcake was filled with white chocolate and Macadamia mud cake, topped with a vanilla butter cream, and sugar frangipani.






This next "Retro Bug" design was created for a great and long time friend of my brother and sister in law- Nicole! She is soon to have a baby, and this cake was for her baby shower!
Gone are the pale muted colours, and teddy bears- with Nicole Loving "retro" style, this cake had a tri-colour scheme, and funky circles to cover the cake. A cute little caterpillar bug on top to finish it all off!

This weekend has been fantastic! Gorgeous cakes, and a Wedding to attend- More on that Later!- along with a magazine photo shoot! It is all going too quickly!
Toomorrow brings my first Monday Wedding- so its back to business for me!



No comments: